Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Curtains Down!!!

It’s been about a month and today it finally happened. My reaction on this day was always played out in my head. Sad to say today it happen I did not surprise myself. Where is all this going u asked, well today I ran into and old friend! Well I guess she is not old of a friend seeing how we only had not spoke for a little over a month. This friend who for identity issues we will call “Ms. America” came up to me in the park at the annual local arts festival. I turned around and saw her only to turn right back around as if she was transparent. In the same tune she stopped to say hello to my buddy. I don’t think he saw me she said to D…D being more of an asshole than me burst into laughter and says…”ha ha ha…maybe he did”. Which of course he was right because at the time she was the last person I wanted to see. A few minutes later I get a pat on the shoulder, “the kids told me you were here so I thought I should come speak”. Ok well hello to you too…as I walk away. No anger no harsh words I just thought I would rather not speak to you now so I terminated the idea before it could go anywhere.

So it’s Tuesday, time is approximately 10:50pm and I get a text message. “Hey it was really nice to see you on Sunday…” Sad to say I am still in asshole mode where Ms America is concerned so I did not respond. A few minutes later another message…”So now… we can be friends?” Now that is a good question but still no answer is given on my end. So I ask you my fellow readers…What is your opinion on friends with ex’s? Is that a healthy idea for on going relationships? I say its one thing to run into some five years down the road and catch up over a cup of tea or lunch even. But to be friends like every thing cool and not remember the stress and pain caused is a whole different cup of tea. Well this is my approach as it stands right now I chose not to be friends with Ms. America. It has being done before and it never works out. So the night comes to an end and the messages stop. Only to find out she reached out to D to get some insight as to how I am doing. Don’t know how that went cause some things I chose not to be concerned with. I won’t be surprise if by Thursday she comes knocking on my door at 2am like previous days gone by. Maybe I should get my locks changed…oh wait I no longer live at that place. This key she don’t have….Lets move on.

So Thursday is here and I get to know that she reached out to my fellow country woman (Black Beauty). Being the nice person she is she played her role very well. Listen don’t add anything and don’t subtract. Sounds like emotional accounting to me….then again what the heck do I know. Maybe the lil therapy session with Black Beauty went well for I did not get a call or a visit or a text message. Friday goes by and, nothing…Saturday, nothing. Arise Sunday morning only to notice the missed called, the time says 3am.

Maybe I need to answer the next call. Or do I need to pick up the phone and return the call. The passive aggressive approach my not ne the best one in this situations. The time has come to put closure to this chapter of the Ms. America pageant. The time has come to set down the rules. The time has come to say good bye.

No comments: