Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fried Chicken Anyone???

At what temperature do we consider water to be boiling? Think the answer is one hundred degrees. Today something was boiling and it was not water. For some reason I felt the flesh on my hand heating up, it was then I realized that maybe my blood was boiling. That would take some deep anger to reach the point where blood felt the need to attempt to change its state to vapor. Assuming that if blood boils it will then turn into a vapor. Where are my thermo experts? Well I say all this to bring your mind to an area of degrees, temperature, heat and frustration. The real question that needs to ask here is;

How many degrees will it take to fry chicken?
This question dawned on me as I stood infornt the fryer in a fine restaurant. For legal reason we will call the said restaurant “The Fat Grill”. This question was provoked as I tried to determine why at this time in my life I feel as if I am moving in reverse. For a couple months now I have being employed at the fat grill as a driver. But of late I have being promoted to the fryer when customer traffic is on the high. Anyway,… back to the scene where I stood in front the fryer pondering my fate and how I got to be the fryer guy.

As I held the fry basket and enable a little agitation so that every surface of the fillet breast and legs could be fully coated with a crispy brown glow, I realized that during my five years of college I never had such a gig. The worst gig I ever actually wanted was to be a porter at JQ Charles supermarket when I was I kid. Fortunately I grow up and that career aspiration evaporated like the sweat from my face as I stand in front this deep fryer. Maybe it’s my karma and some how it chose to grant my wish of a job unbecoming of a college graduate. I have had several other jobs to keep me occupied, from custodial to gardener to carpenter, painter, lab tech, desk assistant and, but not limited to counselor; all of which occurred prior to graduation. None of which was a necessity at the time, used primarily as a means to keep me occupied when I did not feel like looking at a text book or crunching some numbers into a T-89.One would think that assuming the torture endured during college with so many not so encouraging jobs, such an experience would not occur post gradation. Sad to say again I was wrong. Maybe I should have taken that class "Poverty After School" PHY 499.

So who do we blame for this present experience of under-employment? I have come up with a few options; we can blame the economy... where the hell is that Allen Greenspan prick? Or, I can blame myself for getting out of school to early considering these recessionary times. Wait!!!.....maybe I can blame Ben Laden he is getting blame for every thing so maybe this is his fault too. Shit!!!... He won’t come out to get me so why not. And even if he did come to get me, I can always get his kidney infected ass and claim that reward the FBI has out for him.

So I realized I have not answered the question. I am not surprise so neither should you this type of mind rambling usually happens. I think of something and before I can answer the question my brain goes off in light speed thinking about all the reason why I am asking the question and how I can solve the issue without answer the initial hypothesis. Sometimes I tend to forget the question, fortunately today I have not. So, How many degrees does it take to fry chicken? After much delay or segway in and around the question I came up with this answer. In this country, in this recessionary time, for a F1 student; It takes THREE degrees to fry chicken!!!!

No comments: